EWIS recognises that its operations have an impact on both the local community and wider environment and, through consultation with stakeholders, we have developed a Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Policy which reflects our commitment to continuous improvement.
- ISO 14001 certified *. The environmental management standard allows us to control and measure our environmental risks and opportunities. We have implemented a programme of energy saving initiatives and comprehensive recycling schemes.
- Development of innovative technology - 60% of all transactions are completed electronically.
OUR LOCAL COMMUNITY
- Charity of the Year - each year, employees nominate a charity to benefit from all the fundraising events held throughout the year.
- Sponsorship match scheme - EWIS will match pound for pound any amount raised by a member of staff for any charitable cause.
- We actively participate in and engage with our local communities by supporting local biodiversity projects, sponsoring youth groups, sports teams and by encouraging our employees to participate in local community projects whenever and wherever possible.
- Awarded Investors in People; Gold Award, only 3% of all accredited firms achieve this standard.
- A culture based on core values - quality, respect, customer focus, team spirit and innovation.
- Programme of continual training and development.
*The scope of our current certification is limited to the following services that operate from our Bolton and Houghton-le-Spring offices. The Bolton operations consist of: Premex Services (including Premex + and 3d Rehabilitation) and ExamWorks Investigation Services.