Who We Are
ExamWorks Investigation Services Limited “we” are a provider of the following specialist outsourcing services.
- Liability investigations
- Fraud Detection
- Provision of services and advice to the Insurance, Legal and Commercial sectors
The Purpose for Processing:
We will need to process your personal data for the following reasons:
- To gather information which will enable our customers to assess the potential outcome of an insurance claim that has been made.
- To prevent, detect and investigate fraud.
- To provide you with service updates or important notices that we think may impact on our ability to deliver services.
- In order to form a defence of any legal claim that may be brought against us.
- To process your personal data in line with any legal obligations we are required to comply with. This will include our obligations to you in relation to the processing of your personal data.
We can assure you that we will only ever process the minimum personal data required to carry out the services identified above.
Lawful Basis for Processing
We will process your personal data in line with the following lawful bases:
We believe that we have a genuine and legitimate reason to process your personal data. We operate on the basis that you are already aware of our involvement in this process and you fully expect us to provide this service to the interested party that we have received our instructions from.
We will during the course of an investigation collect and process personal data relating to third parties that are directly or indirectly associated with a particular claim. Any personal data collected in relation to third parties will only be used for specific investigation and will not be processed for any other purpose.
We may be required to process your personal data to comply with our legal obligations. This can include complying with a subject access request you have made or supplying personal data to public authorities once we have verified a request.
In exceptional circumstances we may rely on an exemption from the Data Protection Act to carry out certain actions.
We are only legally permitted to apply an exemption in situations where we believe that to comply with the Data Protection Act will actively impede an ongoing investigation for the detection of fraud. Where we do apply an exemption this will never be applied as a blanket approach and all personal data held will be individual considered.
Categories of Personal Data Collected
As part of our processing activities we may obtain data directly from you. We may also gather the following personal data as part of our processing activities:
- Your name and contact details
- Information relating to your claim
- Information that is available in the public domain
Categories of Recipients
- We will never share your information with any third parties that intend to use your personal data for their own purposes, other than what they are required to by law.
- We may need to transfer your personal data to a nominated third party investigator.
- We will also share your personal data with selected third parties who assist us in our service provision.
- All third parties are fully vetted to ensure that your personal data is only shared and stored with companies that comply with all applicable Data Protection Regulations, including the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act.
- Your personal data will not be shared or stored outside the European Economic Area.
We will retain your personal data:
- During the course of a particular investigation
- For a further 7 years following the closure of our activity
We will only use your personal data to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations (for example for HMRC financial accounting obligations as well as to enable us to defend any claim that may be brought against us in respect of the work we undertake as a business).
We will process limited personal data strictly for the purposes of the detection and prevention of fraud or crime.
Under the Data Protection Act you have the following rights in relation to your personal data.
- Right to Access - You have a right to request a copy of your personal data.
- Right to Rectification - You have the right to ask us at any time to make any corrections or remove any personal data that you believe is inaccurate.
- Right to Erasure - You have the right to request the erasure of the personal data. However we may still need to retain personal data to comply with our legal obligations. In the event of a request we will provide you with full details of the personal data that we are required to retain.
- Right to Restriction - You have the right to request a restriction in the processing of your personal data.
- Right to Objection - You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data.
We will aim to respond to any requests relating to your rights without undue delay and in any case within 30 calendar days of receipt of your request. We may ask you to confirm your identity so that we can validate a request. If you would like to make a request, please email or write to us using the contact details provided below. We will also notify the instructing party if we receive a request from you.
If we are unable to comply with a request for any reason then we will provide you with a full justification in writing within 30 calendar days of receipt of your request.
If you are unhappy about any aspect of our process and you would like to file a complaint please contact us using the details below.
Alternatively if you would like to make a complaint or report a concern about the way in which we have processed your personal data then please contact the Information Commissioner’s Office who will be able to provide further assistance.
If you have any further questions or would like to raise any concerns about the way in which your personal data has been processed, please feel free to contact our Data Protection Officer using the information provided below:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org - Please indicate in the header of the email that the email is intended for the Data Protection Officer.
Write to us:
Data Protection Officer
Legal and Compliance Dept
ExamWorks Investigation Services
Futura Park Middlebrook